Search This Blog

Monday, September 26, 2011

Pear Butter

It was such a fun event learning to make Pear butter with my second Mother-in-law Teresa. I have this very big and full pear tree in the center of my backyard that we needed to do something with all those fruits! We cooked 2 batches of pear butter all day long with lattes and lunch, with radio programs and our shaking the tree for the ripest pears to use. We had such a wonderful time and I learned so much! The nice thing about our ripe tasty pears is that we didn't add any sugar to the canning process. We added freshly grated nutmeg,zest from a lemon and orange, then slow cook the juices down to a very thick texture. My house smelled like the fall season for the rest of the weekend! I am now thinking up ideas for even more pears, but there is nothing as good as pear butter! I really need to make some more......

No comments:

Post a Comment