Search This Blog

Sunday, September 11, 2011

10 years ago...Today.

We all talk about where we were, what we were feeling or thinking on 9/11/2001. When the twin towers fell, when we were caught off guard in much the same way as during 
Pearl Harbor.....Then the out cry for war and pay back became our nation's hurting passion. I hated that the most in those early days of all the revenge seeking Americans. I can understand why people felt insulted or disrespected....I just knew such a war would be our nation's biggest mistake. I just knew this by the sick feeling in my stomach or the sadness that took me down while I watched people cry for heads to roll. Now 10 years later...I look back with that same feeling of sadness for our nation's hatred and obsession with the horrid event. Did we learn of compassion, forgiveness and understanding? OR do we still hate, still feel vulnerable? A decade is a good time line for such painful healing and I really HOPE we have!

No comments:

Post a Comment