Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

When Money comes back....

It's that time of the year when we all get our tax refunds, now we have already earned this money but when it returns to us it can be misleading, feeling like it's FREE money! If you realized it's still part of your paycheck, you will spend it differently usually. 
Money, it's not always an easy subject, even for me who loves to discuss anything. But money is the life source to having freedom and security. 
Growing up if I owed my parents money, they easily called the shots. I think that is why I am always glancing over my shoulder when I spend my money like I am going to be told I can't purchase what I would like.
I also made a personal goal to have my retirement account going by the time I turned 30 years old. I have learned more about money since I reached that goal. Now my husband is the money geek, I am more the free spirit in our budget. Dave Ramsey talks about needing both to balance a family's finical situation:-)
I don't want to ever loose all my money, but I also know I can't take it with me when I die, Maybe because I also know that greed can follow money around like a moth to a light, Money is just one of those things you have to personally ask yourself, "How do I handle it?"

In my finical magazine today I found some helpful ideas for our yearly tax returns,
let me share it, of course these are JUST suggestions;

Are you getting money back?
When it comes to bonus money/tax refunds think smart and be creative.

1. Set a goal and make a bet with yourself, if you reach that goal then that money is just free for FUN, but if you don't reach your goal that money goes straight into an IRA. (YOU can NOT spend it.)

2. Buy a bike or new tennis shoes, even a gym membership could get you out and feeling good. It could even lower your health care costs for the years to come.

3. Start a side business take that hobby you love and use this money to invest in your interest, money makes money.

4. You can just give it all away! For studies show people who focus on generosity are better off then those mired in materialism.

5. Use this money to get all your affairs in order, by hiring someone to make sure your property and money go where YOU want them to go in case of  your untimely death.

6. This is a predictable suggestion, You must get your retirement setup! All your tax refunds could go straight to that investment for the best possible way to use this money for your own peace of mind and future. Start this NOW.

(I also enjoy listening to the finical radio 
program of  Dave Ramsey.)

No comments:

Post a Comment