Search This Blog

Sunday, April 3, 2011

"Lost" a TV series review

I was sick with a cold when I thought I should watch a new TV series through my Netflix streaming laying on the couch with a box of tissues. It was funny to see that "LOST" had all 6 season on the streaming list, so I decided to finally watch the much talked about popular TV show. Now I think I enjoyed the very first season as my most favorite! Because it was both exciting and new to learn who all the different characters are while the plane crashed. Did I mention there are 6 seasons of LOST? The first season lets you know that there were 48 survivors but in all reality they cover the lives of just a handful of people, right there I asked what about the other 40 survivors? I watched 120 episodes still asking THAT very first question:-) Also the island never ran out of food or water to keep them all going strong, (This is why the fat guy Hugo stayed well fed by the way) I am not even sure how to explain this show! Maybe my outline to follow each story would also reveal a story within another story, I hated when a story never had an ending. To put it simple the first outlines were easy to follow like The good guy is bad, the bad guy is good, both men love the same woman, the same woman loves both men....AND then comes along Desmond (loving sigh goes here because he is truly dreamy) He brings a whole other level to the show for confusion! I think he was my most favorite of all the characters because he seemed to think things out more, The episode where Desmond looses his memory was my best pick out of all the episodes! Some of these hour long shows ran right into each other as I kept thinking if I watch next episode it will make sense....Then some nights it was almost 3am and I had to stop watching because if there was something I learned quickly in the format of LOST is that each episode purposely left cliff hanging endings so I knew I would be up ALL night if I wasn't careful! Thank god I didn't watch this on actual TV time waiting a whole week until each conclusion! The format of Lost is very simple (though the actual story is complicated) Each episode always has these pointers.  
Point 1, Some sexy man has to walk around without his shirt even if he is doing nothing. Because it's the beach for goodness sake!
Point 2, Someone/anyone gets smacked in the face or a gun held at their head in every episode with blood thrown in as an after thought. (The women usually have light scratches nothing to crazy)
Point 3, ANY and ALL pregnant women will display labor pains or will have greasy babies popping out at random crazy times. I thought it was so gross! I am not a fan of bloody screaming birthing scenes anyway, but LOST wouldn't quit with them! Sometimes the same birth happened over like 3 times it was completely ridiculous!
Point 4, Everyone is hooking up for the most part, now here they all are stranded on an island with a scary unknown monster in the back ground pulling trees up by the roots or chewing up random bodies throwing them back up into the tree branches.....Ssssoooo naturally the survivors have candle light picnics on the starry beach away from each other to hook up and get it on?!?!?! (OH HELL NO...Sorry but if I was there I would have one eye open in the dark at ALL TIMES there would be no foolin' around! I don't care how many men have their shirts off! There is a black smoked scary monster just a tree away killing and screeching...so yeah I didn't buy into such romantic retreats)
Point 5, When Dr. Linus appears he must always get the shit kicked out of him, he must always look beat up and bloody. He also can't go a whole episode without his vague replies and bug eyed stares.

Point 6, The viewer must be more confused by the end of an episode then from the beginning.  
Point 7, Some one/ any one must die every so often to surprise the viewer even a bit more! (If I were keeping notes while watching I would have mention the episodes that didn't finish or completely explain where or what happened to those who died)
I suppose those are the mysteries of LOST the unfinished episodes...Now I liked all the flash backs, but the flash forwards were a bit harder to follow. The story I wanted to know more about was the concept of time traveling, the whole plot of time travel seemed to die off when the next season arrived...I was like "DUDE I still have questions about all the time traveling and island moving situations!?Helloooo?"  When in doubt throw another new crying woman in labor for distraction, I think that is why we have a "Mute" button. I would rate LOST a 4 star I really did like it! As easy as it was to make fun of and see the silliness in most episodes. I still followed it faithfully, wanting to capture what made it so popular, to know how it ends though I didn't like the very last 2 hour episode, because I was still hanging on to some of my old questions....I am however glad I gave it a try and now can understand it's appeal, along with it's tangled web of stories and dreams....I guess I can only conclude with a big grin and a wave in that for everything I didn't understand, I was honestly entertained and now I say  "I will see you in another life, Brother!"

No comments:

Post a Comment