Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

"Saving Grace" a TV series review

So pretty and, oh, so bold
Got a heart full of gold on 

a lonely road,
She said, "I don't even think that God can save me" (save me)


The drama show of "Saving Grace" was actually one of my most favorite TV shows for awhile as I loved all 3 seasons completely! The show was first popular 2007 to 2010 starring Holly Hunter. The woman is so dynamic and real, that you can't help but adore her. Even in her sloppy messy home of her self-destructing ways, she shows both bravery and fear in one capture look that soon the story rolls out the crime fighting plots with little connections, even funny references to God and biblical stories. Although this show is full of dramatic action, sexual situations and well most shocking things life can offer up. I was surprised in the very first episode I felt tears slid down my cheeks as I put my hands up in the air stating "I'm hook! This is my newest loved show!" If I could summon my very own angel who spits tobacco and laughs so warmly then I am in! It was even fun to watch how my husband started out making fun of the show then soon became a faithful follower too. Even some nights after watching a particularly powerful episode we would sit discussing it for awhile. My husband said "Grace is kinda like you, although not dirty, not promiscuous, and not drunk all the time like her but she has your bravery." I chuckled in reply "I was hoping you would say I am like the angel Earl, I want to wear funny T-shirts while traveling around the world in a day!" 
It was true my most favorite of all the characters on this show (Besides Gus, but that's just an automatic given) Was Earl the magically powerful, wisely happy, peaceful leader, sweet listener and loyal friend named Earl


(Am I) gainin' ground
(Am I) losin' face
(Have I) lost and found my saving grace
Thankful for the gift my angels gave me


Now I am not going to say any spoilers, it may not be a show for everyone, but I truly enjoyed it. I think the spiritual world is fascinating, it would be comforting to have an angel like Leon Rippy watching out for me....and whose to really know away? Perhaps that is why I liked this drama series so much, like the unknown things about God coming to say "Hello" as a Dog or how we are all connected to each other. I think this TV show did a great job in capturing your attention, even sharing your emotions and Yyyyes...I braid my hair in all those different ways because of Holly Hunter who played a very real struggling woman named Grace.


No comments:

Post a Comment