Search This Blog

Friday, April 15, 2011

"Life" a TV series review

In 2007 NBC aired a new drama TV show that only lasted 2 seasons, called LIFE. This was a great new fresh idea for a show, Creatively structure to show each hour drama of a murder not in a gruesome way! Imagine a show that deals with crime that is both interesting and enlightening. The 32 episodes seemed to fly by as I really loved watching this! Mostly because Damian Lewis (Also from Band of Brothers) has a kind face that you would hope to see in a homicide detective. He played a PERFECT Charlie Crews, with his ZEN-like attitude, he could calmly meet Life head on in his job. He was given a second chance after having "Done time" for a crime he never committed. These shows are put together in away where you get to meet the characters through video interviews and their thoughts on the situation with Crews getting out of jail. Even his partner Dani Reese (played by Sarah Shahi), has her doubts if Charlie can do his job right. There are many powerful things about this short drama series (remember only 2 seasons with 32 episodes...sadly) I want to mention the ZEN message of forgiving your enemies, also understanding when to be tough and when to be at peace. That inner heart and soul feeling you get when everything comes together as it should, or you just Feel like you are right where you were meant to be. Those are the parts in this show that I admired the most! For Anyone who can still walk away still being brave and nice after having been hurt or mistreated, makes me smile proudly! I thought of Crews as a hero for his self-improvement and desire to carry the "Fire of good". This show stays connected from episode to episode giving you bits and pieces of the truth, yet I agree that the finale was simply triumphantly perfect! Completely impossible to come back for another season. I think it's good when writers understand this about their shows. The good ending creates a classic, a well thought out plot. Even though I followed every episode I was very happy about how it all came together for closure.
 One day more of you alone
there's everyone but no one to show
that you're more then alive
You're more then alive

2 comments:

  1. I completely agree! That was such a good show! Mark and I both LOVED it! We actually watched it while it was on air and not afterwards! And we have them both now on DVD! And Damian Lewis is super cute!! I loved his Zen questions he was always asking!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you guys watched this for I have mention it to people and can never really find someone who knows what I am talking about!

    ReplyDelete