Search This Blog

Monday, April 11, 2011

The Flying M

My husband Tony and I spent our first day married hanging out downtown Boise. In this hippy fun coffee shop called The Flying M. Tony got his favorite beverage an orange mocha and I enjoyed my caramel latte. We sat there all morning and well actually ALL day...We ended up drinking refills and eating all kinds of goodies. I shopped happily in the small gift shop locate inside the coffee shop. Our table for two was brightly lit from the summer sunshine. I truly loved those hours of catching up with my husband over the busy day before of our ceremony, we hardly saw each other over the whole last week, even in our wedding we had different places to be mostly. Tony sighed happily "Thank God, that's over! Why do people get married like that if it's such a big job? All that work to create a memory for a life time especially when it's so stressful to setup?" I laughed as I crossed my legs in my floral summer skirt and sun hat. I loved being married even though it was just the very first day, I replied "Your mom was right, it's a party for our friends more then for ourselves. I don't even remember it all as much as I wish I did! I like to re-cap and organize my memories so I don't forget them...BUT wow I am sooooo wiped out! What a long busy day" The calming time in the coffee shop was timeless, with us sitting and laughing while we talking deeply about everything we saw in our lives and in ourselves. Tony shook his head as I told him about all the misunderstandings with my bridesmaids or how I didn't know about all that catty girlie stuff being said behind my back. I was starting to learn not everyone thought about things like I did. I was even more glad the wedding was over because I was simplifying my life, wanting to just relax, to create a peaceful mind and heart. Tony commented "I wonder why everyone says the day they got married was the happiest day of their lives? I can think of happier things to do then get married with such a big crowd  of people around?" I nodded thoughtfully my husband didn't like crowds yet we balanced each other out in the social world. "I think people often say that, because they feel it should be the best day of their lives. It's romantic to say so....weddings are like fairy tale moments we all want to think life is forever happily ever after." Tony smiled then said "So did we buy into a system? an expectation to look good in front of people with a ceremony? We could have saved so much money just eloping." He sighed, I giggled because Tony often wondered what was the hidden reason for things. I couldn't help but reply "Oh now you sound like my sister....I did this wedding for the memories, for the part we have in society to share this new life married with all our family and friends. I also did this for me, with those vibrant colors and candles because I believe we are telling the whole world that the other person is the most important person in our lives and we want to stay committed to each other for life....Maybe it is a part of society's rules or guidelines, maybe it all comes from an organized religion. I just know that I am proud of my marriage statement to those around me and that YOU are my beloved husband forever!" Tony chuckled at my theatrics, he nodded and said "Well that makes sense then, I still think we should have eloped." I laughed again, it was really comfortable to say to someone that my husband was sitting over there, and let everyone know he was that important to me. Tony and I sat discussing what we each thought was important to us about our wedding and what we would have changed. Then Tony looked me straight in the eye as he asked, "Promise me, we WON'T do this again like a 10 year re-cap, renewal of our vows so something like that...okay?" I snorted on my beverage as I let myself truly laugh at his hidden worries, "Are You kidding me?! Who does that?!" Tony shrugged as he leaned back in his comfy chair surrounded by the noise of that coffee shop "I don't know...I am just saying it now so you aren't disappointed, some women do setup a second wedding years later." I shook my head giggling as I thought how crazy/stressful that would be. "Hell no! I meant it when I said "I DO" yesterday, It's for life, I am never doing ALL that again!" Tony laughed now as he rolled his eyes replying "There you go again, for You LOVE stating absolutes." I nodded proudly lifting my chin "Because I know myself." He relaxed as he was realizing we were not repeating wedding ceremonies ever in our future. "Well good then, I just know that I wouldn't want to be displayed in front of all those people again." We held hands as we sat there wondering about our future, we felt like we would never run out of something to talk about as we realized towards the end of the afternoon that we only had 5 buck in our pocket until the next paycheck, then we laughed again at how we could only go up from here. Suddenly inspired I sang one of my favorite songs to Tony "Even though we ain't got money...I'm so in love with ya Honey! and everything will bring a chain of love,
and in the morning when I rise, you bring a tear of joy to my eyes and tell me everything is gonna be alright."
right then and there in the Flying M coffee shop. I will always remember how Tony laughed proudly shaking his head thinking only I was this crazy to sing out loud happily and let our marriage begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment