Search This Blog

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Our Papa Stools

My cousin Trina posted a great memory that really touched my own heart, it was about our Grandpa Rudy giving us grand kids, his own hand crafted stools. To which we used through out our lives as a helping step to somewhere new, in many ways Papa Rudy knew what small little kids needed to stand a bite taller. I like to remember the wise words Papa used and the jokes he enjoyed. How he could charm the waiter over our restaurant table or hug a friend on the sidewalk with such natural kindness. My cousin Trina captures these qualities of our Papa perfectly in her blog  Huckleberry Bumpkin.  Also In memory of Papa Rudy, I wanted to add that his work shop was full of tools and gadgets to create these little stools, and many other things. His table saw sat in the center of the shop with a big pile of saw dust underneath. I loved those shavings to scoop into bowls and to play with. I am the 3rd grand child in the line, the one who followed cousin Trina around watching and learning everything I could! Reconnecting with her over the last few years has been one of the greatest joys! Although in my mind's eye we are forever little blonde haired girls calling out to Papa Rudy as we run in for a full happy embrace, with the smell of his after shave on his soft cheeks along with his good hearty laughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment