Search This Blog

Saturday, April 9, 2011

The Love Seat for Two

I was excitedly waving my hands out pointing to the ideal setup of how Tony and I were getting married. We were visiting my future mother-in-law in her patio home getting ready for our approaching wedding. I began explaining while I was  standing in front of the table where Tony and Jo Anne sat. I kept motioning the lay out as I said "So here is where the pillars are going to be...." My back was now towards them as I continued. "..with big fat flower vases and then behind the bench there will be lavender candles  already burning for a couple of hours so that the church will smell...Wonderful!
(I truly loved those lavender jar candles more then anything in my decor)....So that is how simple it should be!" I spun around happily to face Tony and his mom hugging each other in tears. "What the hell?!...." I asked in alarmed as Jo Anne giggled wiping her eyes as her son Tony leaned in next to her arm then she patted his head. "I'm sorry! but you caught me off guard....Did you say that you have a Bench? like a seat for Tony during the ceremony?!" Her voiced cracked again as she looked so relieved. I stood starring unsure now of what I had just said to make them both get so tearfully emotional?!? I nodded replying uncertainly  "Yeah... I just bought a wicker love seat/bench thingy for us to sit in as we say our marriage vows. It will be facing everyone out in the congregation. I hate those weddings when you can't see the faces of the bride and groom, So we will be sitting on the bench looking out on everyone." I waited as Mama Jojo hugged her son again, clearly they were both very happy over this setup, I was trying to catch up with why they reacted this way. Jo Anne explained quickly with another giggle and a wave of her hand "Well now, I can't believe you have all this so well planned and thought out! For here I was, laying awake at night wondering how will Tony stand for a long time up in front of everyone with his cerebral palsy!?! I was even going to get him a walking stick or something.... I was just so worried about it!" Tony nodded in agreement as he chuckled "YOU were worried, how about me? I sweat even when I am completely relaxed! Much less facing a big group of people!" They laughed together as I stood there watching them  suddenly realizing this whole bench idea was new to them, although I had been shopping for one over a year now, I guess I had failed to share this fact earlier. It didn't seem crazy or amazing to me, I knew Tony would need a chair or something comfortable so he wouldn't suffered miserably trying to stand in place for our wedding. When Tony and Mom looked at me again while getting over their surprise of my setup with the bench. They both said that they were very proud of me for being so thoughtful. I shrugged while replying back "Well, It's our own wedding, if we can't be comfortable while we are celebrating it...then why even do all of this work?" They both burst out laughing again at my honest reply. I still thought this was simply common sense...:-}

2 comments:

  1. you are an amazing woman... who is so caring and thoughtful that it just comes to you like common sense and you don't even realize it! love having you my life!

    ReplyDelete