Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Table Rock Brew Pub

Everyone needs to have their own place like the popular TV show "Cheers", For at the end of a busy work day you can slid onto a bar stool while ordering  up a frothy cold beer with your friends! 
THIS kind of place for us is called
Table Rock Brew Pub. They have so many great choices of beers, really big yummy salads and great patio seating. I used to crave the brie cheese burger and crispy battered fries. Now I choose to try everything on the menu slowly as we continued to enjoy hanging out at this place. Over the years we would meet up with Tony's father once a week back when he just worked right across the street. It is fun to relax in a place they remember you, and one young man who would serve us loved participating in "Seinfeld" trivia. We would always try to stump the other over famous lines and episodes. I think what I loved the most about these gatherings was just catching up on everyone's week and life. Of laughing to together over refills and a shared nacho platter. Table Rock is actually the name of the small mountain over looking the Treasure valley and Boise. It hold a lighted cross glowing every night out over what Tony would say "This is God's Country, nothing really happens here in way of natural disasters." When I was a child seeing that bright cross made me feel lucky to have noticed it, over the years it's been a place for many prayer circles and beautiful valley pictures captured. The Pub downtown is located across the street from the Historical museum, the park and the river. I have often walked my dog all over that fun place then crashed happily on the patio of Table Rock where my husband had been waiting for me to return. Soon my dog is napping my lap as I chat away over cheese bread bites. The many memories we have gathered and enjoyed makes Table Rock endearing to us, Makes me know that when we come back to visit we will happily look forward to returning to our own "Cheers" like place even though by then no one might know our names:-}

No comments:

Post a Comment