Search This Blog

Thursday, May 19, 2011

....Walking through the Park and Reminiscing!

My most favorite park in Boise is the amazingily beautiful Katherine Albertson Park, I live only 5 minuets away, so when I first began to think I should get a dog I was walking it daily on my own. For on all those early mornings walks I noticed the Canadian Geese gathered on the soft open grassy fields and I usually carried my coffee cup along to keep warm while still outside in all of nature's glory! Once when a goose hissed at me and I squealed moving to the side of the sidewalk in sudden fear! (birds and me have a history) Now I wasn't ever afraid of being on my own, I wasn't ever afraid of a strange dog coming towards me off leash, and I wasn't afraid to ever talk to complete strangers.....BUT I WAS sooooo deathly afraid of those crazy hissing geese! I knew right then and there in year 2006 that I needed my very own dog to chase those scary birds away! This park has a history with the city of Boise, it is a habitat for wild life with wonderful colors! Along with ponds and bridges, the nice pathways takes me through everything without disrupting the structure of the land. Dogs are not allowed through the spring season while baby birds are being born. In this park I love to meet up with a friend and walk the whole length and visit. Sometimes after 3 or 4 laps around the park my dog and I will just stop to rest, Sitting together on a bench watching the ducks in the ponds, or a turtle. When I finally did get a puppy (Oscar) this was the very first park we walked in together. And it would become our most favorite over pace to go in these last 4 years as we daily soaked up the sun shine, or the fresh snow fall, or the rain storms or the duck fights or the surprise of a stray cat and most importantly those mystical deer encounters!  THIS PARK is the best setup for the imagination, for the refreshed spirit and the return to nature before the 5 o'clock traffic jams start up the honking of car horns and grumpy people. When I go here I am never in a hurry for instantly life is put into perspective, Life is made simple and good just by strolling through the doom covered path of the park section of woods!  

No comments:

Post a Comment