Search This Blog

Monday, May 9, 2011

A Beautiful Night....One I will never forget!

When I first saw that my most favorite Author was coming to the Pacific coast side on his new book tour. I held my breath in true surprise! For he lives on the East side of this country, I wondered if I could make a trip work to see him! Then so many things about my life was up in the air that I gave up thinking it would work out. That somehow I wasn't going to see JON KATZ after all. Then all of a sudden everything came about in a odd way!  I was trying to heal after having been attacked by a good friend, the emotional pain of that event really changed my whole focus. In this world nothing is actually perfect and I understand that, but the things I have learned made me realize that I will never stop sharing my heart, never stop being myself. SO this weekend was a gift from my Hubby Tony and my mother-in-law JoAnne, they insisted on me taking this trip for the book signing! It was from their love and friendship that they both knew, they both understood how desperately I need to get away, How I adored Jon Katz and all his writing! How I love his blog and follow his four dogs. (Even this last winter in my book club, I shared Jon Katz's novel "Rose in a Storm".) 
In the summer of 2006 when I began taking my long walks everyday over the Boise River, the parks and the downtown alleyways. I found visiting with strangers while I walked to be one of those "old style" connections,  where no man is an island suffering alone! In that very same summer I read my first Jon Katz book "Dog Days" and cried when it ended. For in the depth of my heart is this desire to write, to capture all the dogs out there up into my arms! So I cried because I wanted to return to Bedlam Farm over and over again! When I read I find myself actually THERE in every word described, in every page! So Jon Katz books have that ability to capture the magic of life with all the true emotions we feel! I admire my Husband who knows the things I really truly love, I admire my Mother-in-law Mama Jojo because she is embracing new changes and loves being there for her grown children! They both gave me something I will NEVER forget! They gave me such A beautiful night!

No comments:

Post a Comment