Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

A Book Review "Change of Heart" by Jodi Picoult

There was such a yummy spread of goodies at Jenni's beautiful home, for it was her book to discuss for the BCB. I was amazed at all her "Good Eats" because some of the past book discussions had lack this amazing kind of spread and nutritional comfort! Jenni has stayed with the book club from the beginning and I have enjoyed getting to know her! I also like how willing she is to really discuss the book. Her book choice was  "Change of Heart" By  Jodi Picoult. I read this book thinking about how struggling it is for a single mom, with not knowing all the facts but having to protect her daughter. This story also address the nature of person good  or bad can make us think the soul is somehow connected to the physical heart. I also enjoyed the structure of each chapter titled with the person/character's name so you could follow who the story was about as they all came together.  This book was a great read! I really enjoyed the different perspective of all the people in the story. Jenni had some great points I had missed while reading so that is why I love being in this book club. At the very beginning of this BCB I was not sure I could be around so many women, especially if they were competitive or play games with each other. Sometimes I am shocked at how mean women can be to each other, Finding real honest trusting ladies can seem almost impossible at times. But I see how having stayed with this fun book club this whole year that really in my own life I had a personal "Change of Heart", for I have learned how to changed it from being "On guard" around a group of women, to being "Lovingly Open" towards every new possible friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment