Search This Blog

Monday, May 16, 2011

My favorite Book Store in Boise

It is so easy for me to pop into a book store whenever I want that I have become so spoiled by this routine. It's impossible for me to not come home without a book even though I haven't read all the books I even owned ...yet! Now I said to myself that I wouldn't buy another book UNTIL I read every book I owned, I have 26 books to read right now if that is the case:-} Buying a book feels like I am capturing history as I can clearly see how book stores are changing! It is my last attempt to keep real books in my home before the Kendall arrives (Don't get me wrong, the Kendall has it's place for a useful read, especially for all those college text books! One Kendall holding all that info is less heavy and organized) Although I love the smell of paper, the smell of real books! My favorite book store here in Boise Idaho, is a locally owned place called Rediscover Books.
I sometimes go with my husband to Boarders or enjoy a coffee during the holiday season at Barnes and Nobles, but I love the little shops of new and used books the most. My husband thinks it is a happy place to shop at Rediscover Books. I think this place does a great job in connecting to the community and sharing a place for book clubs and encouraging writers! If you are ever walking down 8th street in the heart of downtown Boise, make some time to pop into this cute cozy shop and buy a book, A REAL BOOK for it's a changing world, we need to support our local environment, our local friends!



Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body. It is wholesome and bracing for the mind to have its faculties kept on the stretch.    
-Sir Richard Steele                         

No comments:

Post a Comment