Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

It's A Book!

I was told about this kid's book from my friend Wendy, She is a substitute teacher and tutor. She found out about this book while at school. For She said that she laughed so much while reading it! Also that I would like it too, So I went on a quest to purchase this kid's book! When I would ask the sales clerks about this title they would always light up with such happy understanding, this was very popular a few months ago I guess.... I was really surprised at how hard it was to find this new Kid's Book entitled "It's a Book!" by Lane Smith, I liked that it was so popular, for there are many jokes of real books disappearing, also there are debates about children today even knowing what a REAL book  is or whether young people can even read anymore. Once I found this book I instantly bought it, it makes me smile so much even though it is a simple read, yet extremely clever!

I may not have any kids of my own but I do really like a thoughtful good kid's book, I also think the art in these illustrations so amazingly comforting! (this is by Lane Smith, he also won a Caldecott Honor Medal for these illustrations) I recommend this short story for a good laugh or a peaceful coffee table read:-D 

No comments:

Post a Comment