Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

My Weekend in Portland

Flying into Portland Oregon was like returning to my second home, my second beloved city!  (Actually, In 2009 I added up 5 trips to Portland creating my admiration for the place all that more powerful!) Over my childhood memories visiting Portland with Grandma Norma brings me back time and again. My father's sister Aunt Chris also lives in this wonderful city, Her friendship and love has become a big part of my life! And why I love Portland more and more! I enjoyed walking the halls of the airport last weekend on my own, I was happily moving forward to embracing my Aunt, one of my dearest friends! I am amazed to have such great family connections in this adult life of mine! I think unconditional love is the best part of family, the best part of ourselves. I was also glad to share with my Aunt and Uncle in this important event for me, of meeting Jon Katz in his Book Signing last Friday night, Now last summer when we were all at the beach together, I found my friendships with Uncle Steve and Aunt Chris to be one that I could share everything I love in this world with!!! Their kids are now college age so in also spending time with them, I am thrilled to create new friends! I believe having such good memories and good friendships like this will last a life time. This trip was heart warming as I got to have breakfast with Cousin Kelsey and dinner with Cousin Jerram! I would not of made it the book signing on time without the help of Uncle Steve's sweet styling ride and Aunt Chris's directions. Sharing with them this magical evening and enjoying the togetherness, make the night complete! I loved how my Aunt Chris watched over me with unconditional love and support while I got my book signed. How sweet Uncle Steve was in chatting with me, I cherish having them in my life! It was so much fun to visit a couple locations of McMenamins, where there is a sense of community and awesome art. The gardens at McMenamins were truly amazing! I loved walking through those gardens and going on a walk with my Aunt's Boston Terriers puppies, Murphy and Emma in the glimpse of sun light one afternoon. And in Portland where the rain comes and goes at random, the dark colors of the earth and the foliage contributes to the BEAUTIFUL City! The City I will keep returning to!! For I love it all and I love my Portland Family!!!



1 comment: