Search This Blog

Friday, May 27, 2011

My Knitting

My knitting needles are some of my most favorite things to hold while relaxing and listening to the radio or my auto books on my ipod. While I enjoy seeing things come together as I knit, I have found that sitting outside in the warmth of the sun helps me stay focus and finish my project. So far I have been knitting the last 7 years and have ONLY ever made a scarf. When I realized this, I changed it to wash cloths for my mom. Now, I can say I knit squares and long snake like scarfs. I should challenge myself to try other things really! I did create a new looking mixed and match scarf made from all my odd pieces of left over yarn. It was amazing to see this hippy wacky scarf come together! Soon after that I started making all kind of weird patterns in my colors of scarfs. For Christmas my brother Doug gave me bright red yarn so that I could make myself a scarf and I LOVED that kind of gift! I made that scarf in a week so I could show him the finished product. My knitting will grow with me as I go and as I REALLY want to create a hat now, but the knitted socks kinda freak me out! For I look closely at all the details in knitting those wondering if I could pull it off or not:-}
When I work at the Fair every year I find myself starring at the ladies spinning yarn. I love the old wooden wheels moving along as the ladies visit turning wads of sheep wool into strong dyed yarns. What a transformation! What a lost art! What an amazing world of knitting and yarn there is! I want to keep learning and improving my love for the clicking of the needles and the magic of simple string becoming something useful, Something beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment