Search This Blog

Monday, May 23, 2011

Homemaking

Over the last year and a half I have been a full-time homemaker, I think it has been a lost art, a lost job. Homemaking is a really important, I am excited to see these next generations embrace homemaking again! Because those who come home from the working world still need a helping hand, a cozy freshly made bed! So I love helping out in this way! The walls of a house transform by the touch of my hand into a Home, It's like magic! For there are a million cleaning projects, there are endless cooking possibilities and a sense of safety in being home. 
I love when my husband comes home to a cozy living room full of the aroma with dinner cooking and ready made cocktail. He says on cold winter nights the glow from the windows makes he walk a bit faster knowing I will have fresh warm goodies and cozy soft blankets waiting for him! It makes me VERY PROUD to be a homemaker, to see the happiness in his face and hear the joy in his voice. With our little dog napping in the evenings because I run him out earlier that day or I brush the cat out so that we all live in this very zen like life!  I like to step back and ask myself "How did I get to this time in my life where everything is perfect and wonderful?" The answer always comes back to me quickly, My husband Tony. He loves me being home as much I love it too! For I married the most AMAZING man! We are both food lovers, finding new recipes to try and even get into our own game of competing for the best pot roast or sizzling bacon. When I arrange flower bouquets around the home he stops to smell them before he goes off to work. When he calls me in afternoon hungry I take him lunch or we sit in the park together watching our dog play Frisbee. I used to do all these things and have a job too, since we are both very laid back people, what is important to us has matured into this peaceful paradise. If I get a job, I will work. If I stay a homemaker I still work hahaha for the home is my first place of comfort. Dusted book shelves and freshily made bed smelling like lavender and the brownies baking in the oven. Moments like these are my passion, being able to live on the exact schedule of my husband also helps our friendship and our family of pets. Sometimes people don't get it, how could I settle at home? I don't look at it like that at all, I look at it from a sense of fulfillment. Because I am never bored, each day moves just as fast as the next. I may stay out in the park all morning one day and scrubbed out the shower the next. I have sewn and fixed clothing to knitting wash cloths. Art is a form of a person's ability to create something, My homemaking is my own artistry, once I have a bigger place I hope anyone who visits can feel right at home! It is nothing to be ashamed of, as a very confident imaginative female I believe that I am right where I am meant to be! For running a home is an all day job full of wonders and new discoveries:-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment