Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

My First Book Signing

My very first book signing event to attend, was to see my favorite author,
        JON KATZ and his new children's book "Meet the dogs of Bedlam Farm."  
 This "larger then life"  moment was why I felt so nervous, so excited and so awkward hanging back chatting with the other people in line, I was trying to get up my nerve to face 
Jon Katz, as he signed my book! WOW and YIKES was how I felt inside all at the same time! I was almost the first in line when the talk was over but when I saw Jon's wife Maria, I ran over to meet her first! I also follow her blog regularly, for She inspired me to not give up on my sewing! Her blog truly makes me feel like I have found a kindred spirit! Maria has a way with animals that I relate with, I love how she gracefully poses in Jon's Photography almost hidden like she knows the object in that picture is more important then herself. As I approach Maria in person, I felt so bewildered by my own nerves and fast heart beat, I was asking myself questions like "Will I sound like a blabbing fool? Will I intimidate her by knowing all about her art and sewing?" I wanted to run right up to her with a big hug, for in my heart she was already my friend! Although, the reality is...well, we have never met! Truly now, I knew I wasn't an actual friend. Although, my heart was going to burst! Jon was wearing his new red hat and signing books, He seemed so relaxed, happy and a natural with visiting with his fans. I enjoyed my time in line trying to calm myself down before I met him face to face! While I was talking with everyone in line, I enjoyed how I wasn't alone in this exciting night! Even when some one would ask if they could cut in line I didn't mind at all because I felt like it gave me a bit more time to think of what to say or how maybe not to jump up and down so much:-)
Jon Katz in person, is a very nice friendly man! I was still nervous and excited when he gave me a big smile and shook my hand! I instantly felt his calm, down to earth thoughtfulness help me also calm down! When he interviewed me I was struck by how hard it was to look directly in his camera, although I finally told myself to stay focus. Sometimes I get an overwhelming feeling in my heart and soul, that I am RIGHT where I am MEANT TO BE and this was one of those moments again! He hugged me back, saying "Let's keep in touch." (and I couldn't believe this amazing treatment in our personal connection!)

Along with my soft tears of true happiness, I hold his signed book of the farm...of the dogs....and most importantly of him... and truly of all that I will love forever in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment