Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 22, 2019

In My Soul




We drove out into the country side this weekend, into a old neighborhood that I liked right away set against the wide open landscape of Payette Idaho. 

I had spent the morning helping my mom to a bridal shower in the warm sunshine, watching horses move around the place of her life long friend. My mom looked so lovely all dressed up nicely as I had styled her hair and matched her jewelry to her lacy shirt. The joy of someone getting married is always a time of celebration! I was glad I could take the time to help my mother to the event, to the fun of attending a bridal brunch.

Later on that evening I was happy to see old friends, thinking of how happy everyone is/was that evening. Time brings forward such stories of inspirations and successes in delighting over the simplest of things with shared good company. I think that in all things we can see the suffering and the survival in the world as change never leaves us the same. I can feel it in my soul that when times are good then celebrating fully will help me along the way of times in hardships. The yen and yang of the story of life often leaves me in awe over what I see before me.

Coming home that evening the whole valley was a masterpiece of storms! I was in awe of how I hadn't been out driving that way for some time now. I use to ride along that very same stretch of freeway twice a week as a teenager working for an elderly couple who loved country side drives and eating at the Black Canon Truck Stop. As an adult I have learned to not forget I am driving as the wide open sky calls my name and my attention in real outstanding distraction as it was full of amazing storms heading right towards us!

My husband cheerfully said "I feel like everyone is in a great place right now, that I am the best person I have ever been too!" I smiled back and nodded in agreement thinking that whenever we understand it is well with our soul just as we are in what we are doing we find a real peaceful value in our time on this earth. 

My attraction towards those storms was to just pull over and watch them unfold yet getting home was my focus of safety so I kept driving along the country side realizing my whole life has been lived in this landscape. I am hoping everyone has a happy ending to their life stories as I get to be a small part in it with them. I see those storms over the snake river, I see my past memories live along side my present moment of thoughts and actions as I am feeling a pull into the future.

In my soul I feel lost and love all at the same time, I can see my mother missing the way she use to be and my husband thriving in the way he's hoped it would be.  

In my soul I am like those storms I saw and admired on our country side drive home, for I feel my soul being pushed across the land into the future as I swirl around in place. I have so much of my life to still enjoy and to capture, to chase the rain across the very land I know so well.....







No comments:

Post a Comment