Search This Blog

Thursday, May 23, 2019

In The Grey




          Wednesday morning in this beautiful month of May in the spring season with everything growing and everything changing I happily and very excitedly went to the coffee shop in the early morning to see my life long friend once again, Rebekah or as I would call her through our high school years Bekah was back in Idaho. 
She was one of my 4 beloved friends that gave me such wings to fly as I was growing up! 
She gives me such joy and delight in our shared sisterhood of living life!
She looked great and I was overwhelmed with how happy I was in hugging her!
I sat there in true delight that Tiffany join us and we laughed so often, it was just like the old days only better because we are now deeply strong smart women.

While we talked about growing up in a religion of black and white rules, of that constant struggle of right from wrong. It's always with us in everything we do through out our lives, seeing black and white when really everything is actually gray. In being there together again I felt so deeply grateful and joyful, long after I left the girls with tears in my eyes I felt myself smiling to myself as I went on through out my day...I was so excited to share in such a great early morning with them like old times!

All of our stories, all of our connections in sharing how being an adult now we have all seen such gray areas in this world. 
The movie "The Grey." is one that came to my mind, for I deeply love those wolves even though they are hunting the surviving humans. This movie was inspiring to me in how gray it all truly is in living and surviving this life time. We carry our love, our grace and our gratefulness all through out our time on this earth. This movie was very powerful to me as I sat in theater thinking over how we are all connected to the gray. Our need to be in control creates the black and white judgments for us to trust our next step in surviving.

I loved seeing my girls!
I love that they were my friends when I was 12 years old and onward. 
I had prayed for life long friends back then all the time and now I can see very proudly that I am living in that answer of prayer! 
I am excited for our future as everyone is doing good and loving their life, I think we carry the peace in knowing we have each other's back in all things makes us hug and cheer each other on! 

          That morning sun shine was so beautiful as the scent of coffee brewing in the shop greeted the girls around the table when laughter burst out at the exact same time as if they were in the same mind, in the same sisterhood just like old times!











No comments:

Post a Comment