Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Humanity's Hunchback

In 1831 popularity of Victor Hugo's novel "The Hunchback of Notre-Dame." captures the story of redemption so cleverly that it sparked people's interest in reviving the very old crumbling building.  
And so I think of this story in such a curious way that just like a popular show on our screen today we get excited about the message, the new ideas or group focus to create such a world like that of the story we have learned about....


This is exactly like in religion and how the politicians work the system for more power to make the world in the way that makes them look good to us in a church like Notre-Dame so grand and so spiritual, Yet those leaders, the holy men and the government can take all the votes, and all the voices of the people right into hidden doors of their real agendas for more power over the people. It has been happening where ever there are humans dwelling......the good and the helpless struggle against the evil and the rich. The manipulation in using religion and the name of God has always been a problem.

I have my own personal stories with religion, family and politics. I draw from my own history to be in the moment of right now, to question and to challenge all the rest of my life. 
I have come such a long ways from the world I was born into.
I have memories, facts and stories yet it's all built on preconceived notions, the agenda of my parents who follow their own notions given to them and to their parents from a line of history in that from the beginning of time is handed down by another generation whose intent for the future is more power or control. I am born from a day in history where the tent revivals and the holy spirit brought out everyone's longing for salvation. My parents met in such a place, with such a group as the passionate Pentecostals. This group of Christians can slay the demons by jumping on Satan's head in their services at a church, usually described as a mega church. I have seen many things so strange and so creepy in that group of believers. My delight at the age of 10 was to find a calmer God, a organized system in worship and in trusting no one will be laying on the floor screaming because the good verse the bad in wrestling within them, The theatrics of humans influenced by religion is not limited to just one group of charismatic followers. It has been on display where ever a person decides to share their ideas about God, about the spiritual wonders.

As I watched Nortre-Dame burn, as people all over the news seem to be freaking out I wondered "Why does it almost die, almost designates to the ground all that evilness only to be resurrected?" We will one day be judged by the generations ahead for being so barbaric like the vikings, like the cavemen ideas we have of our past.....they will laugh and say "Those people believed what now? How ridiculous!" Just as we say "People were dumb for thinking the world was flat!" The proof of everything is always in the future, we get clarity of how it is when we look back at the past.
Religion is pure evil. It's a simple fact I learned on my own. Because religion is man made therefore it will always be evil at it's core to dominate. I watched the fire of such an old building wondering how many rats are running out there carrying a history of lost souls on their fur? For such a building to be made took money away from the poor and the rich in creating such a spectacular sight the rich were proud and bragging on their achievement in the name of God and of glory while the poor begged God to rescue them now that he lived in such a mansion. One day maybe 100 years from exactly right now, maybe 500 years from right now the people of that time will know it was all so very barbaric, so filled with corruptions and devastation that the real heart break where ones who believed it all with the last beat of their heart. 
The spiritual world will always be there for every person to think about and to ponder yet it's those who put such rules and restrictions to the human imagination that will be REAL the threat to us all.


In the story of the Hunchback, the outcast and the shamed, a deformed man named Quasimodo was saved and then kept hidden in the bell towers of this huge church he was rejected by the village people, the classic Victor Hugo's story is full of life lessons, of awareness in accepting people just as they are and not as they should be, ALL religions tell you what you SHOULD be and this is a clear cut form of abuse even though "they" the leaders of organized religions use words like "Forgiveness." "Grace." "Unconditional Love." and "Eternal Life."  Yet only IF you do exactly what they tell you to do of course, then those words will bless you as one of them.
My grandparents fell for it, My parents fell for it, some of my extended family fell for it and even people I met today still buy in to it. These are the good people who want to do right and follow God into that happy ending! I understand completely that their heart's intent is not evil, but the ones who tell them this and who have made up this religion for them ARE evil, they are the great deceivers and master manipulators of all mankind. Victor brings them into the light in his stories, we should be ever grateful for these facts to help us grow wiser not bitter.

Humanity has a cycling way through history that makes me think one day in the future this will all be openly known and understood. God is whatever you create.
I have been working on the phrase "Maybe I am wrong." since I was getting married and my husband said I never said I was wrong even though I clearly was....My pride? My stubbornness? My fear of failing? Am I a person who holds on tightly to what I was taught or what I was told? Do my attachments for all things right make me automatically wrong?  I wonder if I can ever be comfortable with admitting and yet not loosing my self respect in saying "I am sorry, I was wrong."

1. I believe now that I'm 40 that the spiritual world is not wrong to think about, to seek that amazing awareness and peace of mind in what it could be....
2. I believe now that all religion, every single church out there in every single country and all around the world is born from evilness.  
God is found only where people choose Love. (if there even is a god)
3. I believe that I can be wrong about those 2 facts I carry with me, which is why I say never stop questioning even when it makes sense to me, I will never stop asking why?
4. I believe that everything I was ever told since I was born is wrong. It's a simple known fact that has found me in this past month saying "Wow, that is the easiest explanation ever, it's so simple that it makes sense in every way!" It is all wrong. I am now a blank page of realizing EVERYTHING I was taught and told since I was born 4 decades ago is WRONG.

Such topics as religion, history, politics, and nutrition are all clearly seen now as wrong. 
My life lessons in finical planning and seeking careers, in how health care works and how image is everything is all wrong. Make up isn't safe and clothes aren't cheap yet we think we should follow in line with how everyone accepts the ways of society but it's all so wrong, how does one stay on the right path through a hundred years of time when it was all so wrong from the start?

I wonder what I will learn about now that I know, now that I have arrived to this point in my life where the truth is what we perceive or find simply hidden in plain sight.
I feel free whenever I say "It's all wrong, start over and try again!"

......as the fire left a part of the huge building of Notre-Dame scared and burnt so does life touch us in much the same way as we discover every single new day that we only know what is happening right now to be real.

No comments:

Post a Comment