Search This Blog

Friday, August 26, 2011

The Skillet

It was the first ever woman's skillet tossing here in Idaho at the Fair. It was also a hot summer time evening as we all gathered to throw the 7 pound skillet. It was really a good turn out and many woman in the middle age bracket participated. I automatically signed my mother-in-law Jo Anne up since I knew she would be at the fair that night sharing food with her husband Roy. I was thrilled to cheer her on! She was not sure if she wanted to toss the skillet but I got her up there anyway! It was fun to watch the younger girls do it first to get an idea of how to throw it and Mama Jojo threw a foot farther then me but since her age group was bigger then mine I came in 4th place...I thought there were only 2 in my age group so it was funny to have a 4th place ribbon, hahahahaha! The rest of the evening Mom, Roy and I hang out with their friends and ate fair foods. I am really lucky to have 2 sets of in-laws, I know I say that all the time BUT it is so true! Mom and Roy cheered for me as I tossed the skillet up and away and I loved that Mom was a good sport even though she told me that she isn't usually into competing.....It was such a fun time at the Fair just knowing we had the strength to throw that heavy skillet! GO MAMA JOJO!

No comments:

Post a Comment