Search This Blog

Saturday, August 13, 2011

A Cup Of Tea....Please.

I sat next to my mom yesterday in her physical therapy time not holding on to her as the ladies were working with her. So as she sat down, it was important for her to balance herself all on her own....she then said "My daughter and I will have a cup of tea now please." We all chuckled as we watched her sit on her own a few minuets. My mother is actually very full of witty cute things to say right now. I love how she has these long conversations with her left side that is paralyzed. She will sit in her wheel chair saying "You are no good anymore and If you would just listen to me when I tell you to work and when I tell you to wake up that means it is time to start moving now. You really need to work again because my tummy muscles don't like ALL this work." I could listen to her for hours talk to her body in person, then she will sigh while sitting back in her chair. She is repeatedly explaining to me that no one listens to her and not even her own arm! I am always smiling watching my mother do such cute, very sweet things! We almost lost all of the moments with her so no matter what she says or does I COMPLETELY love it all! My momma with those adorable big bright eyes as she expresses herself clearly and I usually have to catch a loud laugh at instantly noticing how truly adorable and funny she is! I think it is important to remember all of her improvements with her clever jokes along the way. Then after a dry joke she smiles in the same way her father use to and I see him shinning out of her. 

She was set back into the hospital  bed all clean and refreshed when she said clearly with her eyes closed "I need my binky or a baboo (Bottle)." I let out a sudden loud "HA haha..." as my sister Dana and I looked at each other for second then back at our mom as Dana asked "Mom are you being funny again?" Mom's side grin with a simple nod as she relaxed made us girls giggle even more....
 If my mother keeps making progress then it will be possible for us to have a cup of tea sitting side by side in no time!

No comments:

Post a Comment