Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

The Onion day

Yesterday at the fair we had a onion day, full of onion games like golfing with an onion. There was a 50 pound onion bag race and then the eating onion rings contests. I ended up snacking on so many onion rings that I got a bit sick! The last contest was of caramelized onion recipes. There were enough onions to even give bags away to the Fair workers. I think the Cheese contest coming up will remind me to not over eat on cheesy things like I did the onions:-} Last night's onion dish I thought was very tasty was mini chocolate pies with saute onions on top! Very Interesting and actually quite good! The smell of onions yesterday was everywhere at the Fair and it was fun to give away free onion rings too!

No comments:

Post a Comment