Search This Blog

Monday, August 15, 2011

4 Mondays ago

 I haven't really liked Monday mornings lately....at least not like I used to, maybe because my mother's stroke happened only 4 Mondays ago? That early Monday morning nightmare makes me very reflective come another week in a new Monday. Then I start singing the "Closer to Love" song automatically. Will I get back to loving each and every morning again? My husband thinks so....he says I am not the kind of fire who can be put out. I will light up my life, I will smile again on some random new Monday morning, BUT maybe not for this year.........

Monday Morning

Monday morning how you sold her

How you woke us all up

It isn't your own fault for being just another Monday morning

I told you to go away

For I wish my mother would be okay

Now I have watched her lay, resting in such a way

She makes jokes that she is very old

Yet the truth be told she is only a few weeks gone

With a life time to remember

With new ways to get better

She makes faces when she is told

That another Monday morning  unfolds......





No comments:

Post a Comment