Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Sushi Time

We have been eating enough sushi over the last 3 years to justify our own fishing boat! Well maybe not that much...still quite a bit! I truly love sushi! I crave the spicy tuna in a roll wrapped with avocado called "The Manhattan Roll" at our nearby restaurant Fujiyama ,  located here in Boise Idaho across the street from the mall. The location isn't attractive at first glance but once inside the amazing presentation of the foods speaks for it self! Now a big family favorite of ours is called "The Snowball". I mean we all can talk about this amazing dish with excitement and then the craving begins!  The snowball is a mixture of spicy raw fish, jalapenos, tiny fish eggs and green onions with chopped cilantro. There could be so much more inside then I actually know for each bite is simply WONDERFUL! Surrounded by a thin layer of avocado, this tangy spice round ball has a yummy sauce over it too! One ball doesn't feed four people who love it, (as we learned this the hard way.) Sometimes my husband will just get his own snowball because he was thinking about it all day. For my 32nd birthday this year, we went there to celebrate and enjoy the best tasting sushi in the whole treasure valley. I was also treated to green tea ice cream which is another of my most favorite ice cream and fried banana wedges were a perfect end to such a beautiful dinner at Fujiyama. In the past we ate there 3 or 4 times a week:-} Soon we decided to try and make sushi at home. I did however learn but it wasn't nearly as artful as the restaurant! Whenever we find friends who love sushi just as much as we do, we are always happy to take them here full of unexpected delights and yummy great quality fish. I think this will be my number one restaurant choice! I will have to make sure we eat here when we come back to visit after we move away, I think even the pickled ginger taste sweeter in the restaurant among the sparkling colors and tasty wonders:-D

No comments:

Post a Comment