Search This Blog

Friday, March 25, 2011

The Lighthouse

When my brothers were really young they LOVED light houses, they also liked running on the coast line with me along side the bouncy waves of the ocean. When it came to family vacation usually our father was no where to be seen because he had to work. Now our mother loved taking road trips, also getting to the Oregon coast was her favorite place. Shortly after my sister left home, Mom got restless again and needed to get out of town.  It was fun to be on a road trip with my four brothers and my mom. (The 4th brother Davey, wasn't quite born YET. But He did ride along in our pregnant mother) In this picture I am sharing it's the view at the top of a light house. Derek is holding Dougie and I am holding Daren. At the ocean we spent all day running along with our pants rolled up chasing the salty waves. The boys made a big sand castle and I decorated it with sea weed things. We all enjoyed the relaxing time and talked about our new baby brother who would be arriving in 4 more months. Mom would have swore it was a girl named Darcy but I liked Davey far better! The weather was mostly rainy for most of this trip, so we spent a whole day in the OMSI center watching Laser shows and doing all the hands on science things. Climbing the lighthouse took a long time in the crazy high winds, but the view was so amazing! 
On our way home we stopped at Multnomah Falls.
 It's one of my most favorite places to stretch my legs and run up the trail to the bridge in front of the beautiful water fall! This family trip was just for fun and also for the fact our family was in a transition with the older kids leaving home and a new baby still on the way! There something nice about getting away to relax and know you can come back to face anything life throws at you again!

No comments:

Post a Comment