Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

The RV Ride

My beloved friend Rebekah and her sister Leah had joined me in traveling up to Church camp in the RV. The 3 of us girls were so excited to start our fun full week up in camp. I had cleaned and packed the RV owned by the elderly couple Allen and Helen.They asked us girls to travel up the mountain with them. It was a 3 hour drive up to Warm Lake in those beautiful Idaho mountains. Leah was a quiet person who didn't just shout out what she thought like I did. Rebekah was my really smart friend who loved her books and sat reading on the couch as I jumped on her excitedly "WE ARE ON OUR WAY NOW!" She just shook her head at me with a smile. I also made sure Helen was buckled in the pick up then we were off. We stopped for gas that took some time as Allen asked us if we wanted any snack foods, he was always that thoughtful. He loved laughing along with us girls and we had to talk loud enough for him to hear. The time to get on the highway was about 2 hours after our church service was over, Most families were heading up there that Sunday afternoon too. We drove about an hour when Allen pulled over for a picnic time. The 3 of us girls were laughing hysterically at how it felt like we would never make it to camp as slow as this couple moved. It was good for us young girls to take it slow and easy as we ate sandwiches. This road trip was the first time I ever saw Leah get frustrated as she said "WE are STOPPING AGAIN?" I burst out laughing at how even after our picnic time we WERE stopping again. Helen needed to use the restroom so we all stretched out feeling like we had been on an 8 hour drive. We did make it to camp that Sunday evening our 3 hour trip ended up being 6 hours. That time in the camper with the girls was so much fun as we talked about the funny things old people do and how funny it was that we were NOT going to be the first ones there after all. I loved that first breath of forest air! Those memories of family church camp are my most favorite of my childhood. I loved seeing people all around to visit with or to play games, to be apart of a community and to have my friends so close by! It would make me think that the whole world was a such beautiful place to live and share it with those you love!

No comments:

Post a Comment