Search This Blog

Saturday, March 19, 2011

The Mouse wanted a BLUE M&M

It was on a cool summer night in the cabin of ALL girls, I was excited to have a variety of finger nail polish, make up colors and hair products all piled up on the floor. The girls and I sat in a circle with candy bars and sodas. Every so often laughter filled the cabin and bubbled out the open windows. Leah walked in with Aubrey carrying pillows and a tape player. "Shhhhh you girls are getting loud!" Leah warned. I helped unload her those things "Do you need any more help?" I asked as the girls all laughed again. Aubrey shook her head "You guys are going to get us in trouble for all this noise!" We were having our slumber party in the farthest cabin back into the deepest part of the woods. "If anyone is getting in trouble for noise it will be ME!" I stated confidently. I was the oldest of all the girls, I wore my favorite all black t-shirt and faded jeans with my hair pulled up directly on the top of my head. I had begun painting my toe nails on the cold cement floor of the cabin. The circle of girls were talking, laughing and sharing hair brushes and doing make up. "Can someone do my eyes?" I asked as my toe polish dried. I liked feeling pretty while drinking down a Pepsi then burping really loudly, then I would chuckle! It was fun to pass around a bag of M&Ms among the girls. Suddenly Sari screamed out "A MOUSE!" and it looked like a bomb went off in the group of girls as we all screamed loudly flying off to the safety of our bunk beds. We hung there with our make up bags and half eaten candy bars trying to figure out what to do next. We slowly tried to gather things from the pile WITHOUT touching the actual floor. The mouse ran right into the center of all our stuff to grab a BLUE M&M then ran back into hiding. We decided we didn't need to sleep there again the next night and left the light on through out that rest of the night in case the mouse would return. Out of all the colors of the M&Ms it was really funny to see the mouse pick a blue one!

No comments:

Post a Comment