Search This Blog

Monday, March 7, 2011

The Cher Concert

In August 2003 my mother-in-law Jo Anne took me to see CHER. And it was truly AMAZING! I had never seen such a performance like that before! Of course I know how crazy Cher can be and how many different looks she has had over the decades. She is still so COOL with that glittery glamor that shine out as she sings! That was a night I knew I would ALWAYS remember!


My mother-in-law walked right up to me waiting in line, She greeted with a big hug and smile. I have easily called her "Mom" along side my husband over the years. Now I dated Tony four years before we were married and since my own parents were not in the picture most of the time, I found it so easy to adopt my in-laws as my own parents too! I loved how vibrant my mother-in-law always is, she says what she is thinking without hesitation. Back in those days She loved debating and challenging religion or politics over glasses of wine and dessert when we came over for dinner. Her nick name moved into "Mama Jojo" over time. I would always be  listening to her points of view, I wanted to be that knowledgeable on the current news. Mama Jojo loves the entertainment world, the crazy stories of pop culture. She is a powerful force of the modern woman, I remember it so well when She boldly put her hand up saying during the wedding rehearsal  "No no no no no It's NOT Mr. and Mrs. Anthony Shively, DEBBY has a NAME too!" I smiled proudly at such a spit fire woman like my young happy mother-in-law! 
Mama Jojo had blond highlights in her hair as we excitedly waited for the CHER concert, I would point out all the dressed up Cher look a likes to her, as we tried to place them in the movie or song.  Mom was also looking for her boyfriend Roy, He was on security duty that night among the crowds. The Cher concert was such an amazing show to watch and my mother-in-law loved to dance just as much I did! We jumped up and down cheering and waving like high school girls and I realized not everyone's mother-in-law is just THIS COOL! That night was magical, the show was AWESOME and I didn't realize I knew every song so that was even a surprise! But just hanging out with Mom and having so much fun like that was why it's such a great memory:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment