Search This Blog

Thursday, March 17, 2011

When Lightning Strikes

I was riding a bike up the path to the highway from our church camp on a very hot August afternoon, Those church camp days were always full of fun adventures! So as I skidded to a stop on the bike by the highway, I heard what sounded like a gun shot over my head, I scrambled down to the gravelly dirt road on my knees startled. I was looking up across the highway in wonder. The Lightning had hit the top of an evergreen tree growing along the mountain side. From behind me I heard some yelling of warnings from the parents telling their kids to move off the road and get back from the highway, where we were all hanging out. I got back up on my bike watching the top of that hit tree sizzle and smoke. "WOW! THAT WAS AWESOME!" I exclaimed as I turned my bike around just then I heard a weird sound, like someone running towards me, yet there wasn't anyone there! I stood watching again in awe as a wall of rain was moving towards me instead, how odd to be standing under the hot blazing summer sun on one side of the sky, then see the other side all dark with an approaching storm. That wall of rain was moving in slow motion and it sounded like little feet running straight to me. I jumped back on my bike and rode fast with the mist of rain behind me. "I am being chased by the rain! How crazy is this?!" I thought to myself as I skidded the bike right into the dinning hall and stood under the awning of the building as the wall of rain crashed all around me. I was breathing hard from escaping the rain storm, I smiled proudly for I was in awe again that I was completely dry! How odd it was to see nature working all it's wonders. And I stood enjoying the down pour, waiting for those special rainbows to follow...

No comments:

Post a Comment