Search This Blog

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Chucky Cheese

Whenever there was a birthday in our family, there was a certain place we went to celebrate. Called....Chucky Cheeses! The Boise Idaho location had a tube set strong enough for parents to join their kids up and down the slide. We discovered this when I was first 15 years old and we took Daren there for his first birthday then after that we always went for everyone's birthday! I loved that place because it had fun music, it also had games and it allowed me to join my baby brothers down the slides and crawling through those rainbow tubes. My brother Derek loved token hunting for more video games to play, Mom loved the bottomless cups of cherry cokes and the baby brothers loved jumping into a sea of rubber balls. During these times Dad would sit visiting with Mom at the table while I ran around with my little brothers climbing up into the tubes and waving out down at them. It was a really fun place with horrid gross pizza but we didn't care to eat as much as just to play. My most favorite part about hanging out at Chucky Cheese was the movable mechanical robots on stage that played music every so often when the curtain moved back. THIS WAS MY FAVORITE THING there to watch and dance along side with. Maybe because I was a teenager and knew what I loved in life completely without doubt. Maybe because I was so sheltered that I didn't worried over if it was lame or not. I knew I was never going to be a "COOL" person so I embraced my own ability to love dancing! When the disco lights sparkled and the song "Turn the beat around" came on the stage I stopped whatever I was doing to run out onto the open floor space in front of everyone and danced! I danced until I was sweaty, until I was out of breath and laughing so hard, I would always swing my little brothers up into the air as well. They joined me dancing just as hard and most importantly just as happily! It came a tradition that every time the stage lite up my little brothers would shout out "It's ON!" I would run with them to the dance space and rock it out! Even after I had my boyfriend tagging along to these family birthday parties at Chucky Cheese, he said it was awesome to see me not care how I looked in front of people or that I was now in my early 20s but STILL joined my baby brothers out on the dance floor. I also included random kids that wanted to dance with us as the music played and the stage was sparkling. It was fun to see at times a big group of kids dancing and laughing, because THAT was why I loved going to Chucky Cheese....It was a place to just be a kid!

No comments:

Post a Comment