Search This Blog

Friday, January 18, 2013

Swedish Cream Recipe

Swedish Creams have become my new loved fatty dessert (although having one every night for week isn't healthy as I learned)
There is No crust so No gluten.
No added extra sugars (Could be more tart then you are use to so top with fresh berries or dark chocolate shavings)
No cheating now it's all REAL Creams.

In a big bowl put together;
2 cups Heavy Cream
1 cup Sour Cream
1 cup Plain yogurt
1 tablespoon of vanilla (Also if you have it add in vanilla bean powder same amount)
Whisk these together for smooth creamy look.

In small sauce pan on medium heat
Add 1 pack of gelatin
1/4 cup of water
Whisk together until all dissolved.

Whisk in heated gelatin mixture to the cream mixture until it's all combined.
Then pour into cups or small bowls
Leave in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 hours or up to week (Although my Swedish creams NEVER last a week in the frig)  


                      My husband smirked at me as I ordered very simply, directly and quickly in my usual way, "Just the Swedish Cream..." The server continued "Would you like melted Carmel over it?" I replied "No"
"would you like mixed berry sauce?" I replied "No." She asked again in a bewildered confused way "You want a fresh banana and chocolate sauce?" I replied this time with a big understanding smile "NO. I don't want anything on my cup of Swedish cream. I would like it simply AS IT IS. Thank you."
 My husband had sat there with a smirk the whole time saying to me after our server left. "You do know how weird you are not getting any toppings for that dessert..." I replied again with a shrug "I want REAL things, like heavy cream no sugar and no add-ons, black coffee and let me be weird if I live to 100 years then I can explain how I skipped the caramel sauce to live healthy!" My husband chuckled shaking his head at me and almost ate half of my Swedish cream exclaiming "This is AMAZING! It already has vanilla bean in it.... WHY would anyone add on the more toppings? You are NOT the weird one, THE rest of the world is weird if they can't taste how good THIS is on it's own!" He dived into another thick creamy bite from across our table. It was my time to smirk back at my husband now I replied "I shall make this at home when our vacation is over, It will be simply Swedish cream and nothing else!"



No comments:

Post a Comment