Search This Blog

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Debby has no clue

I have learned several years ago while talking to my husband Tony, about how hard it is for me to say "I don't know." or "I don't have a clue." He pointed out how prideful I was in not wanting to admit that I didn't know. He was so right in correcting me, for it is impossible to always know everything. Now it took some effort on my part to be aware that I would do this and start saying "I don't know." It was actually more relaxing and freeing to be able to admit that instead of having an answer right away, I can just take a deep breath and say "I have NO CLUE what tomorrow is going to be like." Or "I  don't know why my mom had this stroke." I really like that about having learned this about myself. The truth is we can't always know the answers or all the actual facts right away....We can't claim to be smarter then we really are and that is just fine. I think people like an honest person more then to feel less knowledgeable. I have some questions about the future and the next steps as we go along....I can truly say that I don't have the answers, I simply don't have a clue. But I like to still think that something might be in my control, although the chances are I will only be able to say "I don't know, lets think about this..." and let each day teach us what we need for that moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment