Search This Blog

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Come on Girl, YOU can do it!

In respect to yesterday the worse day of my entire life. I didn't post anything because nothing was worth it. Truly nothing was able to explain and describe exactly that day......The day my mother almost died and we gathered to the side of her hospital bed in hopes to change that. There is my strong tough father with 6 kids who were not going to just "Let go" of our Mother, the rock in our family and in our lives...
With me being the oldest at 32, my sister Dana is 31 and brother Derek is 29, yesterday we each held onto each other. We have 3 other brothers I know I have mention them before Daren at 17, Dougie at 15 and Davey at 12. As we waited on the next move for our mother our Uncle Dan (my mother's brother) and His wife Aunt Sonja join us, they were watching over us. When my mom's little sister Aunt Karen arrived it was really sinking in what kind of battle we were facing, with her husband Uncle Matt and my own husband waiting during the surgery helped pass the time. But my father was truly happy to see his own brother arrive Uncle Rudy. I have been reflecting over yesterday, that traumatic day and how fast everything took a turn for the worse with my sweet mommy,. How amazing it was that we all had each other, also how I hope we never ever face anything like THAT again! 


Davey and I were talking about Monday morning when our mom had the stroke. He shared  "I was thinking about waking up but not so sure then I heard strange noises coming from Mom and tried to help her as she mumbled "Come on girl, you can do it." to herself like that then I think she said "What's wrong with ya?" as I went to get Daren and Doug." Davey has such a sweet way in remembering this scary moment. I nodded at him thinking of how our mother would be talking to herself to get back on her feet of how every single second counted as the stroke took over her as her brother raced of his home to help her and as my 3 brothers had their entire lives Changed forever, we all have.

No comments:

Post a Comment