Search This Blog

Friday, July 8, 2011

Moving In

On our big moving day suddenly everything I have been thinking about went out the door as all I could focus on was the moving truck and the hard working guys. They said it was easy to move our things (and I felt very proud of this fact hahaha) Every box wasn't hugely heavy since as I pack I would carry the box to see if I could do it all on my own. If the box hurt me as I lifted then I changed it around so that nothing was unbearable to carry. Strange how moving made me aware of everything around me, suddenly there were things I didn't need anymore and things I look forward to buying in our bigger place....Like a couch we haven't had a couch for awhile and now in our cottage we have room for one! hahahaha
I LOVE this kind of work, unpacking boxes and setting things in their place. I loved decorating the bathroom with all my purple and lavender things! The first room I create was the bedroom, for I had just watched the movie "Under the Tuscan Sun" when she was moving into a villa after a horrible divorce while saying "Take one room at a time and make it your own." I kept thinking about that on moving day, Each room will come to life as I center in on one corner at a time.
My mother-in-law JoAnne came to see us on our moving day, She made a delicious big strawberry salad and ice coffees for us, We sat with her on our patio relaxing after working through out the day. She was our very first guest with her motherly ways checking in on us and surprising me with such a yummy salad! I told her I had forgot ALL about food among the boxes and things, she held my little dog Sidda and smiled knowingly. I am sure I have said this many times before but I truly do have such a kind caring mother-in-law! I love how she got us to sit down and relax while we visited, she also loved our new place. Her visit was a perfect moment to stop and breath among the boxes. I have been hoping that with this place we would be able to entertain finally. So having Mama Jojo's company and laughter on our stressful moving afternoon was truly inspiring to what I hope this place will create.....The coming together of all those around us!

No comments:

Post a Comment