Search This Blog

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Through our eyes

Yesterday was one of those days I hope that I never repeat and yet I took away from it so much! 
Again, we almost lost my mother while my husband and I helped lay to rest a family dog, Newton. Sometimes I can feel so much all at once that I truly wonder if my spirit leaves my body for awhile to rest then back to gather strength? How else am I still standing? It is true that the human body is an amazing thing, my own Momma is a powerful example of strength and the will to stay alive in among great pain. She asked me the other day to care for the boys and I laid my head next to her face with a big hopeful smile so she could see me as I confidently replied "I always have, always will. You have to fight Momma." And I knew I will always remember that moment, that steady look in her face. Last night I finally todl my self to be brave and be honest with my father it wasn't as easy as I had hoped but it wasn't as bad as I thought...if he had yelled at me to never come back to the hospital it would have killed me I think....but he didn't and I finally was able to see through his eyes what he thinks, sees and deals with. It got me thinking last night that every story has so many sides to it and each person has a personal reaction to certain things that are different from even the person standing right beside them. I wonder how many of us stop to ask ourselves "What does the other person here sees? What will they remember about this day?" I had an image of my brother Daren suddenly when I thought of looking through the eyes of my father and understanding how he sees me.....When the Doctor told us that our mother will be blind in one eye or so...Daren walked around the hospital covering one eye at a time and when I saw this I couldn't help but be so very proud of him......He wanted to see the world now through his mother's eyes. Truly, something we all need to try.......

No comments:

Post a Comment