Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Smore's

My husband Tony has been perfecting his fire pit knowledge, which means I am getting really good at roasting marshmallows too!
We spend most every single evening in front of the fire pit right now since we don't have a TV, this allows us to sit. chat and relax. What I really enjoying is seeing my 2 dogs laying in the grass around us or getting held. In this new place I am finding all kinds of projects and yard work. I have a garden to get planted ASAP....But those camp fire nights are the reward for a hard day's work! Even our fat cat who never liked the outside world ventures out to get petted before she races back inside. Tony said the moment we moved he felt instant relief and a sense of safety in our new place! I felt excited that now I have an extra chair for a friend to sit and join us! Last night when Tony's Mom and her husband Roy came over for smores, I truly enjoyed the magical time of laughing and getting those sticky fingers with melting dark chocolate rolling down the sides of our mouths! For THIS is what summer should always taste like!

No comments:

Post a Comment