Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Why that Snap Shot?

I find studies of the human mind not only fascinating but very educational. 
I use to always say to myself even as young as 5 years old, "I want to remember this forever, or  I never want to forget this."  I realize now that by thinking that at the time it allowed me to remember most everything of my life. I remember the bad dramatic moments just as good as all the happy moments, so what I want to know is why do some of us have such details in memories and others don't?  And why is memory actually so important? Sometimes I think my memory will drive me crazy and other times I think I am glad I can always remember.....On one of my favorite radio programs "Talk of the Nation" They discussed this topic of the human mind and how we form our memories. Did I already mention I LOVE these kind of topics?  I also believe that our imaginations are vital to our relationships with each other, because if we are not able to imagine how the other person feels or thinks then we can not be very good in connecting with them. In all reality our human brain with all it's sections and memory helps us survive and live better with each other. In allowing us to learn and importantly to remember as we can choose to better our future! I am amazed by such a thing like our brains! I will take the bad with the good and try to stay connected with how it all works.....Because it is very important to learn something NEW every single day and feed our impressive feature...the human computer in our head!

 Here listen to the same radio program that inspired this topic;
http://www.npr.org/2011/06/07/137036454/most-childhood-memories-vanish-but-why 

No comments:

Post a Comment