Search This Blog

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Summer Time Foods

This summer my favorite grilled thing is Pineapple! I can not eat enough of the juicy smokey fruit after it is chard on the BBQ. Last year it was grilled zucchini sticks and the year before it was grilled shrimp! This year all I want is fresh pineapple! In this summer my husband creatively cooks with out gluten or grains. I thought I would DIE without my freshly home made bread slice or fluffy hamburger buns....Yet now I realize I am loosing weight and feeling so much better! I have such a sweet tooth mostly for pastries and pies! This last winter I was beginning to bake bread perfectly weekly then suddenly I gain  quite a bit of weight also....(Now I am not obsessed with weight if I have it or not, it's really isn't a problem with me, but being healthy has always been a desire and focus of mine. So I am excited to see all the new things to learn about food and what is natural for our own health)
I have discovered that a hamburger without a bun isn't as sad as I first thought it would be! I think bread can get in the way of the rich real flavors of the meats and veggies. I think grilling most everything taste AMAZING! I like to cut in half a head of Romain lettuce pour some olive oil over it and grill it while sprinkle salt and pepper. It is such a fun way to add a "Salad" to your meal while the pineapple ends the grilling evening with such a sweet kick! When it comes to loving food I am the biggest fan! I am proud to be married to a natural talented chef full of yummy ideas and a endless menu! 
Happy Summer time Grilling!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment