Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Our 3rd Anniversary

It was true. YES, It did happen to me on my 3rd anniversary to my best friend, my husband Tony.....
I FORGOT MY ANNIVERSARY!!! 
Now I was up at 3am the morning of July 5th 2006. I went to my horrid call center job hardly looking twice at my sleeping soundly husband. Even on the computer with my headset I read that it was July 5th through out my 8 hour shift, not once registering it was my wedding anniversary. Even when I took my brake or my lunch, I walked around downstairs in the lobby where there was a huge flower arrangement on the security desk. I admired these flowers 2 or 3 times through out the day even stopping to smell them, I never once thought "Isn't today my anniversary? Would these flowers be for me?". When I slid my ID badge to leave I was stopped by 3 security guards. Startled, I went back inside to be handed this very same heavy ridiculous vase of flowers. Cheers came from my co-workers leaving with me, but I was so flustered and shocked. I kept saying over and over "I can't believe I totally forgot!" I went home thinking "How does one actually forget they are married? ....That it's their own anniversary?!?!" 
 Once Tony got home from work, I told him how surprising the amazing flowers were, how all morning long people were talking about those flowers while I was working and yet they were meant for me, I had no idea!! That evening I dressed up and took Tony out to his favorite Italian restaurant Gino's for dinner. We sat outside on the balcony over looking downtown watching the sunset, Tony loved it! We talked about how quickly jobs and stress take over our lives when really all we wanted was to be together more! As we shared a slice of tiramisu in the summer evening glow, Tony took my hand and said "It has been 3 great years! I wouldn't be here without you in my life." I felt so loved and so determined to never forget my anniversary ever again!

No comments:

Post a Comment