Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

My Nature Walks

When I was young I walked for miles along the orchard trees, ditch banks and hillsides. I had been shown how to look for a bird nest with bright blue eggs with the help of my Grandpa Ansil. He loved birds of all kinds, he walked through his own land confident and calm. He had a way with being both responsible and respectful towards nature.

When I walked I talked to God, I replayed over my memories and worked out the pieces of puzzle as I began to seek a deeper peace and meaning for my life. 

When I was young I walked in nature at all different times of the day. My father taught me what the differences between apple trees or plum trees are, especially when they don't have any fruit. I asked him why we could see deer every so often among the trees. He said that the fruit and the sweet bark was what they wanted to eat.
He had a way with getting things done, with a protective attitude and street wise common sense. My Father loved all kinds of animals.

When I walked I talked to God, I replayed my own points of view. I began to seek a deeper knowledge of all the things around me.

When I was young I walked in nature hoping to catch the beauty of the sun set from the comfort of the ditch bank road. Sometimes my mother would join me and she would smile at the sun light saying this was her own childhood spot to watch. I always noticed her beauty and her way of praying. She liked sharing her memories growing up on that farm as we walked and talked. She said one time "You are lucky to be growing up in the very same place I did."And I nodded happily agreeing. My mom walked through the fruit trees lost in her own peace.


When I was young I walked in nature, taking the time to look at those bright blue eggs, while whispering to them "This is a great place to be born!" and I knew no matter what happened in my life I would always remember this place as a farm cherished in time, held in my mind.

When I walked I talked to God, and God was the only thing that never left me, never abandon nor rejected me. How beautiful is the hope of life that burst forth from those hidden blue eggs! 

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Debby! This was such a great post! I felt as if I were there, walking alongside you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Thank you! I was hoping it was captured just how beautiful it stays in my memory....

    ReplyDelete