Search This Blog

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Stanley, Idaho

My second Mother-in-law Teresa and I JUST got back from our girlie retreat! We enjoyed a whole day in Stanley, I am amazingly refreshed! What a perfect girlie time we had too! With glasses of wine and hot tub soaking this morning looking out on to the sawtooth mountains! Our big hike was an adventure as we were cut off by the overflowing water from the rivers and creeks on our way to see Elk Meadow. Stanley is a very small town, we were lucky to find a place open for dinner after our spa treatments last night! I also loved my cozy pink rose room while we sat viewing the most amazingly clear majestic mountains....Idaho is truly a beautiful state full of nature's best scenic past times...sigh, it was beautiful!
On our hike along the steady trail we saw wild strawberries, all kinds of insects, freshly smelling pine trees while we looked out over the valley below with flooding waters. We even got rained on for a while but it was a nice summer time rain that left us feeling refreshed. As soon as we got back to our rooms the sun came out shinning over the green pastures with cows grazing out under the shadows of those high mountains......It was a view I couldn't stop looking at!
On our drive up there we noticed so many butterflies and big white water rapids coming down the mountain side. I LOVE having such a great friend like Teresa who invited me away for this spa day, the whole trip was perfect! I feel truly ready to get back to life as usual, especially with some unfinished packing to do:-}
Thanks for a lovely time Teresa, for I love having you in the family!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you too, my dear. I had a lovely time as well. It's a beautiful place to get rejuvenated.

    ReplyDelete