Search This Blog

Friday, June 24, 2011

My Second Dog

  It has been a desire over this last winter season to own another dog. I have been realizing my mini-schnauzer of the last four years Oscar,  has become very lazy. He hates water of any kind, even when his beloved Frisbee lands in a mud puddle... he will NOT go get it. I love how easy it is to make him tired by playing ball or Frisbee! How He also sticks to the shaded parts of the park on a hot summer day. BUT I knew deep inside of me that I have a calling to give a home to more dogs in the future, to love many many more animals in my upcoming life time. These days with Oscar have been WONDERFUL, even those long late nights when accidentally he gets sick or when we got stuck on the 14th floor of a hotel waiting for an elevator to arrive while he whined and warned me it was to long await for his much needed morning pee time so we better hurry! I love EVERYTHING about Oscar! Currently my life isn't where I want it to be for a new bigger dog or a Lab Puppy, I came so close in getting one this spring...(Maybe because of Lenore, Jon Katz's black lab. The dog of unconditional love) I knew we would be moving this summer so naturally we could offer another dog a home with more room. I was amazed to hear that a little girl dog needed a home a few weeks ago. She is well trained and very very KIND! I didn't even give it a second thought nor did I have any doubt that she was meant to live with us! Since her previous owner had a baby now, Sidney needed a new home and a bit more attention. Simply perfect for me who loves giving attention to all my pets! Sidda has been sleeping so sweetly on my pillow or in the curve of my shoulder. She likes my husband but really LOVES me! She plays happily with Oscar and gives the cat extra space. How did I get so lucky with a perfect second dog??? She is truly adorable with her big loyal eyes and tiny soft paws......It will be wonderful, truly completely magical to soon give her and Oscar a big backyard oasis in our new home! Bring on the new adventure:-)

1 comment:

  1. Well doodness. Good ol' Oscey. Don't forget Tinky Precious!

    ReplyDelete