Search This Blog

Thursday, June 9, 2011

The Renting World

Currently my husband and I have been driving around Boise looking for a new and improved home. By improvements I mean we are hoping for a fenced in yard, no attached walls and closer to his office. By the way of my imagination I see a romantic cottage with a roasting fireplace, big windows for our cat Tinker Belle to sit looking out on to the amazing gardens surrounded by flowers like a Thomas Kinkade painting! Some how the floors are all wood with perfect white trim and the kitchen is huge! The natural outside light will fill the cozy home along with the fresh baked cookies and sounds of little doggie feets run outside and in....Because I will leave my french doors open to the safe oasis back yard! (SIGH) Now THIS is JUST my day dream, I know it could be hard to find...but I will NOT give up looking for something like this with a big bath tub and a couple of bedrooms hahahahaha my dreams are worth it:-D My husband agrees some of these things are VERY important. The real world may not give us such simple pleasures but we will keep working towards them! 
When Tony came out of the property management  the other evening He looked excited as he got back in the car where I waited with my notebook and pen in hand. We were starting to look for a new place to live.  He explained "They said this is a very popular place so we need to hurry on the application if we want it!" I looked over my notes with a questioning frown in my reply "They don't have any pictures? That makes me unsure...." The day before Tony said to me he had "Standards" when I pointed out a few signs saying "For Rent" I had laughed so hard for i wouldn't want him ANY other way! It looks like we have sold our condo of 7 years, So THIS is unfamiliar ground looking for a home to rent!  Tony pulled the car into this place where I said out loud "THIS is the place?!?!" Before the car was even parked. The small house had chipping paint and old school windows visually showing ripping screens and then trash all piled around the broke corners of the car port. I gulped big as my eyes grew wide at the home before me. "Surely, this isn't what is actually out there? I don't want to go in!" I protested to Tony who looked alarmed and worried like myself. When we opened the cracking door a strong odder of cleaner and poop came at us and we ducked back unsure, YES the whole place smelled like POOOOOOOOOOP!!!! We didn't make it far in this memorable gross place! Just as Tony grabbed my arm for safety when we turned the corner together to see in the bathroom a haunting display of a rusting toilet and the shower curtain laying on the floor like a body could be hidden under it, I squealed in to my shirt sleeve where I had been protecting my nose and mouth from the utter filth! We ran from the place so fast we never even looked in the back bedrooms as we drew breath outside in the fresh air and tried never to speak of THIS house again, for my husband (And I know this for a true fact) will puke at the memory of it all! THIS is going to be such a new adventure visiting all these places and trying to find my oasis, my utopia out there! I guess trucking through shit smelling homes might be the starting point for where we go from here........

No comments:

Post a Comment