Search This Blog

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Snowflakes

My father was carrying me out into the cold winter's night from our church, I can only remember being little I don't know how old I actually was, Dad carried me in his arms out into the cold. With the glow of the parking lot light hung over us. My mother was talking to friends as we all walked outside from the warm building. Dad suddenly held out his tongue to the big snow flakes falling down, I thought he looked funny as he said "Catch a snowflake like this Debby!" I leaned out from his arms as we walk and tilted my head up with my tongue hanging out. We were in a small logging town smelling like evergreen trees and cut fresh lumber. I was surprised by the fact once the snow hit my mouth it was gone! "Where'd it go?" I asked and everyone laughed out loud. My mother checked my jacket to make sure it was zipped up and frowned at my father saying "She shouldn't do that, this snow is dirty." Dad just shrugged making a funny face at me as he smiled, then he excitedly said "Let's do that again! quick! Look! some more snow flakes!" and we raced around the parking lot as he carried me with our tongues sticking out catching the magical floating snow and laughing!

No comments:

Post a Comment