Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Benny and Me

I was THRILLED to see my dearest friend Benny every morning while she visited B-town! Since she moved away I realize how much we use to do everything together. Also how good it is to have AWESOME friends! I love that Girl so much, I know that I'm truly lucky to have her in my life!  There is something very special about having someone knows who you are now and where you came from over the last 15 years or so. I like that I don't have to explain anything to Benny for she already knows my history because she was there along side me the whole time!
Benny and I met for a beer the other night just like all the years before....(some of our greatest talks come about as we are relaxing on a patio over a frosty mug, in the summer evening heat.) Benny Girl said the reason we have always stayed in touch through the years is because we both make an effort to meet up and take time for each other. I can't help but be proud of that fact! Each morning through out her week in Boise, we met up for coffee and knitting, we relaxed downtown in a cute cozy coffee shop of a quiet peaceful atmosphere! That was such a great time, we laughed and chatted as I clearly could see how lacking my knitting ability is, Thankgoodness Benny could teach me and help me out! I enjoyed going with her to visit family members in the VA hospital and loved when she join me for lunch with my mom. The whole week flew by so fast as we got to see a "Chick flick' movie, stay out late and setup a BBQ in the park! We felt like kids in summer camp getting to do a list of fun things every day together!!! Most importantly what I enjoyed the most was starting out each morning for a few hours knitting and laughing.


Benny pulled out her binder of knitting collections, I was is in awe by it as I said "Wow you have made lots of things! Is it hard?" She smiled and shook her head "Not really once you get the difference down between knitting and pearling, with a bit more practice you could make these things too." I was inspired to think maybe I really could! Seeing Benny so happy and loving life was also inspiring as we laughed, talked and drank our beverages looking out over a brand new summer day! Benny was truly excited to see our new home as we will be moving soon....I realized as I watched her talk about all the fun we will have when she visits again......that a good, kind, trusting friend is nothing to take for granted!



 <3Thank you Benny Girl for always being there for me<3

No comments:

Post a Comment