Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Where Everybody Knows Your Name...



It had been such a fun morning at work, I was a young happy go lucky 24 year old.  and I loved my job of random things to do as a barrista, if there wasn't any coffee drinks to make, there was a floor to sweep or some trash to take outside. I also loved watching all those Boise Idaho sun rises when I opened the shop at 5am. The long list of details in getting a coffee shop ready was also one of my favorite things to do. From steaming ice tea pitchers to displaying pastries in the case. and when closing I got good at deep cleaning the bathrooms and moving tables for the occasional scrub brushing those floors. Starbucks at the time was growing and growing, they were getting to be like a high class McDonald's, simply EVERYWHERE. The fact everyone liked their coffee to be good while visiting in a comfortable extra clean shop made Starbucks very popular. I felt lucky to work for one such place, as we had coffee tastings and meetings on the history of our company. We did pairings with the pastries to the right type of coffee blend. Those were some great memories reading through our work sheets and sampling everything! I loved knowing how to describe each bag of coffee and focus on the structure of a beverage. On this particular morning I remember how fun the morning rush had been, now that I could remember our regular customer names. Jamie and I worked side by side communicating perfectly every little detail and then we broke out into song. We sang together as we worked the theme song to the TV sitcom "Cheers." It had come about because one of our customers said it was nice to get coffee where everyone knows his name. Without missing a beat I broke out in to the song, and I was so happy when Jamie joined me! We sung out loud and clear perfectly, we even got some other customers to join us and it was one of my favorite memories of my early days brewing coffee!

No comments:

Post a Comment