Search This Blog

Monday, September 9, 2013

Let her go....

                  TODAY would have been my best friend's birthday, hard to believe she is really gone sometimes.....I saw her kids and her husband a few times last month thinking for a second in my mind "Where's Benny?" THIS would have been a moment in time, in greetings that she would have hugged me and chuckled over how I was dressed or what I was doing.....
Benny would have directed her kids around then teased her husband that she was going off to hang out with me, for our "girls only" times of long deep conversations, of family drama updates and inner soul searching topics. When I was with my best friend I often thought happily to myself "THIS is what Sisterhood should be like!" and so now she is gone, all summer I have struggled in how to move forward without carrying on over my own sad story! Sometimes I feel so very alone in a crowd of friends, in a group event....Benny was such a part of my everyday life. I am not balanced yet in finding my feet again, I am not ever going to be the same after this June....Today I can send her many birthday wishes and learn to let her go....
TODAY would have been Benny's birthday so I swish my magic wand across the sky in pure celebration of her sweet life! May she know how she was loved, may she know how much I miss her!

No comments:

Post a Comment